Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Tour de Lance

Amidst the hoopla about Lance and the fact that no one can catch him, did anyone notice that Jan Ullrich finally placed right behind him?  Don't get me wrong, I love Lance.  I think that he's a brilliant cyclist.  But I feel sorry for Jan because the best he ever does is place second.  And in the overall standings, he's behind one of his own teammates, so he gave his team permission to support the guy above him.  Now, someone from Lance's coaching staff said that Jan just isn't in good condition this year--a little too much sausage at Oktoberfest, I guess.  But as a slightly overweight athlete who has to work hard at staying in shape, I'm cheering for Jan right now, even if all it means is that he gets to look at Lance's yellow back as he rides into Paris.

http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefrance/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home